A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer or device when you enter certain websites. Cookies enable a website to store and retrieve information about a user’s browsing habits or about their computer, among other uses. Depending on the information they contain and the way your system is used, they may enable user recognition.
Cookies are essential for the Internet’s performance, providing a great many advantages in the provision of interactive services and improving the usability and the process of browsing our website.
The information below is intended to help you understand the different types of cookies:
TYPES OF COOKIES
ACCORDING TO WHO MANAGES THEM
First-party cookies: These are the cookies used by the site manager to provide the service requested by the user.
Third-party cookies: These cookies collect information for and are managed by a third party and, therefore, cannot be considered first party cookies.
ACCORDING TO HOW LONG THEY ARE ACTIVE
Session cookies: These cookies gather data while you are browsing the net in order to provide the service requested.
Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored on your device and the information in them is used by the cookie’s manager to provide the service requested.
ACCORDING TO THEIR PURPOSE
Technical cookies: These cookies are needed for correct website browsing.
Personalisation cookies: These cookies allow users to define their browsing preferences (e.g., language).
Analytical cookies: They allow the provider to analyse the users’ browsing activity in order to monitor their use of the website and draw up statistics such as the most viewed content, number of visitors, etc.
Advertising cookies: They enable the site manager to include adverts on the website depending on its content.
Behavioural advertising cookies: They enable the editor to display adverts on the website according to information gathered regarding the user’s browsing habits.
Rules regarding cookies are constantly changing to adapt to new practices or comply with new regulations. We advise you to check our legal notice regularly to read the latest version at any given time.
Pursuant to article 22.2 of Act 34/2002 of 11 July on Information Society and E-Commerce Services (LSSI-CE), PROFESSIONAL BOOKKEEPING SERVICES S.L. hereby informs you of the cookies used on our website:
Performance cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with the different pages on the site by gathering anonymous information.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is an analytical tool that helps website owners to understand how visitors interact with its features. This tool can use a variety of cookies to gather information and provide statistics regarding site use, without specifying who has visited Google. The main cookies used by Google Analytics are “__ga”, __utma, __utmb, __utmc¸__utmz. Data can also be recorded using net. You can choose to disable Google Analytics.
Cookies are stored to obtain statistics on traffic and the number of people visiting the website. By using this site, you agree that information about you may be processed by Google. To exercise any rights in this regard, you will need to communicate directly with Google.
Google Analytics cookies are housed on servers in the United States and the company undertakes not to disclose them to third parties except when strictly necessary in order to ensure the operation of the system or to comply with a legal requirement. Google asserts that your IP address will not be stored.
If you wish to, you may use the opt‑out add-on to disable Google Analytics. Follow the instructions to reject Google’s analytical cookies on all browsers. For more information on this matter, go to: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Google AdWords: This system tells us whether a user has been redirected from one of our Google AdWords adverts, which helps us to understand which campaigns are the most effective.
The Google Inc. company belongs to “Privacy Shields”, which ensures that all data transferred will be processed in accordance with European protection standards. For more detailed information on this matter, visit: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
This website may use third‑party cookies to gather information for statistical purposes regarding a variety of content:
- LinkedIn: This reveals whether a user has been redirected from one of our adverts on LinkedIn and helps us to understand which campaigns work best.
- Vimeo: Vimeo cookies gather information on the videos embedded in the website, the location of the watcher and the number of views. These data are stored on Vimeo’s servers.
- YouTube: Gathers data regarding views of the videos embedded in the website.These data are stored on YouTube’s servers.
PROFESSIONAL BOOKKEEPING SERVICES S.L. informs users that they have the option of adjusting their browser settings to alert them of incoming cookies so that they can choose whether to accept them or prevent them from being installed on the device.
Below is a series of links for various browsers that you can follow to adjust these settings:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=es_ES&viewlocale=en_US
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html